Thursday, September 07, 2006

take a dive



Bringing new meaning to 'wearing your heart on your sleeve', Emmanuel poses for the camera sporting a rather old 'sleeveless' shirt and a brand new heart. Standing with him, close friend and fellow dunk buddy, David wishes he thought of the t-shirt idea too.

Before the plunge however, the both could hardly hide their excitement and nerves. As they waited for their turn barefooted and in funky shorts, both were fidgeting around like energizer bunnies on drugs. When asked, Emmanuel replied, smiling ear to ear,

"I'm very excited right now. I have waited so long for this day. Thank you all for coming and supporting me today. I am so happy!"

David couldn't keep the grin off his face either. He held it for so long afterwards that I suspect it will freeze that way for as long as he lives (at least that's what my momma told me when I was four).

So cheers to the both of them from all of us at transit. Let the race begin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the transit blog everybody!

c said...

hear, hear!

Anonymous said...

my ear's stuck.

-genius-