Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Follow Me, Everything Is Alright

The ship has been wrecked. Everyone is in the water. The scene is utter chaos. Desperate survivors are thrashing frantically in the stormy sea, panic rises. Nobody knows what to do. Noone gives directions.

How do you know which way leads to shore? Which person to follow?

Those who know where they are going don't play follow-the-leader.

In a confused world, we need to be clear of our direction, or we will be dragged along by the current.

"Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."
-JOHN 12:26

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that each of us needs to make a stand. A stand to discern right from wrong and to help us know what we want ultimately.

Often do we not stand firm, then we, just like the withered leaves, swayed by the wind. So, we lose our direction. We might even make the wrong stand. That's why don't get lost.

Trust me, being lost is no fun.

Anonymous said...

I think directions need to come with guidelines. The right direction is usually the one we don't expect sometimes