Tuesday, September 19, 2006

two more seconds to your blessing

2 hours. That's how long I waited for the bus to come. That's a long time to an average busy/impatient person. Long enough to calculate that an average of 12.72 Malaysian-made cars can be seen passing by any given point on the Federal Highway per minute. In fact, it's enough time to conjure up vehement protest letters in your head to berate the Transport Minister for the sorry state of public transportation.

Although absorbing noxious fumes (a.k.a waiting for a bus) is a vocation as admirable as watching paint dry, I had enough after 2 futile hours and decided to take an LRT instead. As I climbed up the stairs, marveling my ingenious problem-solving, my roving eyes happeend to glance down at the Federal Highway.

What else should I see but the bus I was waiting for.

Of course I ran. As swift as a cheetah closing in for the kill. Alas, I am no cheetah, and the bus had a significant headstart. I could only manage a glimpse of blackened smoke spewing out from the tail end of Metrobus No. 13 (Subang Jaya).

"Why? Oh God?" I lamented. "Can't you do me a favor since i'm on the way to church?"

Then He spoke. The voice that calmed a thousand seas, the voice that created me.

"Sometimes you get tired of waiting for something to show up. But don't give up. Hold on just a little longer. The time of arrival is so very near. Don't cut short your own blessing by your impatience. Don't miss the bus."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's why, smart people ride bike.

-genius.

the transition said...

I know you've been driving ever since you could, but some of us are forced to rely on public transport mah...

Gimme a break...

Anonymous said...

that's why, smart people HAVE bikes.

-genius.