Monday, April 30, 2007

Ah, to be a child again

Child-like innocence is trusting God with all our heart, not our head. It's about loving Him with all our might, not our minds. There are some things which we may never know til we meet Him again, but it shouldnt affect our relationship with Him.

There are things I will never know about my parents, but I still love them anyway. Am I going to stop being their child just because I don't understand something about them? Are we going to stop being God's children when we're confused and don't understand Him?

We need to hold on to God no matter what, trusting that He is our loving Father. We need to have the pure heart of a child again...

3 comments:

BK said...

Like this post (great picture!)! It should be a case of loving God with heart and mind though (eg. Matt 22:37). The two isn't so easily separated. I'm guessing, from the context of your entire post, that what you really mean is that we don't need an exhaustive understanding of God (as if we could ever get to a point where we know absolutely everything about God!) to trust Him.

So we should trust God with our hearts and minds, i.e our whole being, and not the extent of our knowledge of Him.

=)

the transition said...

thanks for clarifying my thoughts. i agree with what you said, you put it well.

nice of you to drop by.

BK said...

Thanks for linking to me!