Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones But Words Can Break My Spirit

Negative comments often drag down our spirit. And words spoken in anger are often regretted but seldom repairable. But a gentle word turns away anger and kindness is a balm that heals. Love covers a multitude of sins.

Let's encourage one another with our words. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. No wonder that in our fallen world; it is more common to find people speaking with sarcasm, envy, bitterness, and gossip rather than words of encouragement and healing.

Instead, let us speak words of love, encouragement, healing, comfort. Words to build us up, to draw us close, to magnify God, to praise Him.

I apologize to anyone if i've ever hurt anybody unintentionally with my words. I never meant to do so, and truly feel sorry if it has ever happened. Please forgive me.

Lord, keep watch over the gate of our mouths, that nothing will displease you from our speech, that we will not cause anyone to stumble.

No comments: